Saturday, December 02, 2006

Downward Spiral

This week was loaded with setbacks. The case manager warned me that the we would hit bumps in the road, but being an optimist, and seeing Ben take off in amazing ways, made me think we would continue to make big gains. Sadly, he was right. Ben's cold has done bad things to him. He has been very congested, and it seems to be making him throw up. He has been throwing up all week. Yesterday he threw up so much during one feeding, that they are considering the possibility of motility issues. Thankfully, the pediatrician at the clinic is not into drugging a kid unless he has to, and is taking the wait and see approach. We will see how Monday goes for Ben. This morning I think he did not feel well, and he proceeded to throw up some of the overnight feeding I had given. That is so unlike Ben. The clinic had warned that some kids pick up the habit of vomitting from situations like these. I am so hoping that does not happen to Ben. I feel like I am watching all the the progress we had made slip through my fingers like sand. I sure hope that next week brings good news because I don't know if I can handle another week like this one.

No comments: