Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rollercoaster Day!

Yesterday, when I woke up, I knew I would hear about our stay at the clinic. Every time the phone rang, I ran to pick it up and checked caller ID, but no dice. Still, I had a feeling. On the way home from parent-teacher conference, I stopped at the mailbox, and there it was...the letter. The letter was from the insurance company, and I quickly ripped open the envelope. It stated that they approved our 8 week stay! Woohoo! I was elated, to say the least. I would still need to talk with our contact at the clinic, but that was just what I needed.

This morning, I leaped out of bed early. I was too excited to sleep. My plan was to wait for a few hours to see if the clinic would call (because you know how I love that), and if I didn't get the call, then I would make the call. I waited for a bit, and then couldn't take it anymore. I called at about 10am, left a message, but got a return call surprisingly fast. My contact said that she had gotten confirmation from the insurance company, and was ready to set up a start date. We discussed March 1st, which is coming right up, but I figured I could pull that off, as I need to get help quickly. Then we discussed the transportation issue, and I will need a car there, so then things got complicated. Being an optimist, however, I felt I could work something out, as I am somewhat creative when I have to be.

I had just dropped off my oldest son at the orthodontist when I got a call that my grandma had passed away. I never saw that coming. I knew that she had been battling the flu, which is a mighty war to wage at the age of 92, but I would've never guessed that today she would go. I have mixed feelings about this. I am so very sad, and will miss her, but she is old, and her mind gave out quite a while ago. I am happy that she could graduate peacefully. My grandfather died in 1984, so I'm sure she had a blissful reunion with him. I am blessed with amazing friends and a wonderful home teacher who picked up my son from the ortho and brought him home for me. I went to be with my grandma for a while before the mortuary came to pick her up. It was a sweet time with her and my siblings.

So, it is a really good thing that I am creative. I have a funeral to work in before I leave for the clinic, and not a lot of time between each. We have brainstormed like crazy today, and plans have changed multiple times. So, who knows how it will all work out, but I look forward to starting on March 1st.

Really quickly, thank you in advance to all of my friends who have offered to help, and will help us during this time. 2 months is a very long time for me to leave my post as mother to 5. I am so grateful for my neighbors and my church family. This cannot be done without you.

No comments: