Sunday, February 07, 2010

I Love Surprises...Especially Calls!

I am one of those people who LOVE surprises. One of my favorite things is to know that I have surprised my husband, because sometimes that is difficult to do, and I will go out of my way to make sure I don't spoil things meant to be a surprise for me. A long time ago I peeked into my Christmas gifts under the tree, and I was so disillusioned when I finally got to open the gifts, that I decided to leave all future secrets just that. When I am caught unaware, I treasure the wonderment.

I waited a week and a half for the clinic to verify our benefits, and to put Ben's case together for the insurance company to review. I thought that was a long time, but I really want to get there, so I am not the most patient person right now. On Friday, my hubby suggested that I give the clinic a call to see how things were going, and to make sure Ben's file didn't get overlooked. I considered my options as I ate my breakfast, and decided that I really wanted the clinic to call me, and to just make my day. As I was dreaming of the way I wanted that call to play out, the phone rang. Startled, I grabbed the phone to check the caller ID, and was blown away to see that it was the clinic. Ben's file had just been faxed in to the insurance company. It will be followed by the point of contact for the whole process, and hopefully given the go-ahead! The clinic said it takes an average of about two weeks for the approval (thinking optimistically), and then we can go. I can't believe how quickly it is coming, and I look forward to a new adventure. That call was the amazing surprise I had hoped for.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yippee! Go Ben!

Jennie said...

Thanks for sharing Ben's blog with me. I love you Ben! xoxo