Monday, November 20, 2006

Super Saturday and Sunday

OK, I wasn't going to post about the weekend, but I cannot believe what Ben did. Last weekend I could not get him to eat for me, this weekend I almost couldn't get him to stop. He ate 1/8 slice of whole wheat bread, 35 Gerber peach puffs, and 4 oz. whole milk on Saturday evening. On Sunday, he ate a total of 9 oz. yogurt, 3 oz. of whole milk, and 1/4 slice whole wheat bread with butter and honey. To some this may not sound like much, but he has gone from eating NOTHING by mouth on most days, to willingly eating. I am in shock! Part of me doesn't want to get excited for fear that this will go away, but if it stays, or improves.....

Ben's other big accomplishment on Saturday was that he overcame most of his fear of leaves. Where we live, we don't get much of the fall leaves, but here there are fall leaves. He has been scared to death of them. We went out on Saturday to rake and bag leaves, and little by little, he worked his way into the leaves. By the end, he was standing in a big pile of leaves. He has been amazing.

No comments: