Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Tuesday, November 7, 2006
Today we arrived at the feeding clinic after getting lost a few times. I think GPS would've been a great thing to have rented. We began our day with weight, height measurements, and a visit with the GI specialist. The staff is very friendly and seems excited to have us here. I fed Ben 2 meals...or offered food anyway. The clinic is very scientific about the whole process, weighing and measuring all of the food, noting each bite taken or refused, and observing all behaviors. These sessions were recorded onto video tape as well. It was intersting to meet the other parents and to watch their kids on the videos. It is nice to talk with other parents who deal with non-eaters, and can relate to what it is like to be in this situation. They all share similar frustrations. By the end of the day, I was exhaused, but I am excited to get going in the program, and to watch Ben try to learn to eat food.

No comments: