Friday, November 17, 2006
Today Ben must have been outrageously hungry. At his first meal he ate over 6 oz, then about 5.5oz. at his 11:45 am feeding. At his third feeding, however, he ate a whopping 7.5 oz. I was completely shocked, but then absolutely elated. I couldn't believe he was actually capable of eating that much in a single sitting. He ate raspberry yogurt, pureed banana and pear, and his milk with Eo-28. He accomplished this with very little gagging, which is very impressive. Because of all of this eating, he now has 3 of his 4 daytime feeds cut out, and I don't miss them one bit. I think that if he keeps this up, we will take out the last feeding as well, and just keep his overnight continuous feed. This weekend, however, I will be giving him all 4 feedings in the day. He still won't eat for me like he will the therapists.
Ben's best little buddy graduated from the program today. He will be crushed on Monday when he shows up and asks for this other little boy. His friend is about 4 yrs. old, and I think Ben looked up to him, as well as just gravitating to him. Ben will be lonely. They loved to have crash derbies with the Little Tike cars that are in the hallway. I guess Ben will have to broaden his social circle.
Now that I can see some growth and progress, I am having a hard time being patient. I am so hoping we can get to foods that need to be chewed. I was told today that they mainly work on purees, and once those are down, they begin to do branch out on their own. I would like to see the clinic work on it, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great suggestion about mimicking the therapists! I have a looonngg weekend with Thanksgiving to work on things with him. I'll give that a try!
Post a Comment