Yesterday I flew solo all day. I made all of Ben's meals according to the menu they gave me, and followed protocol. The meals went smoothly, and Ben did a great job. I did change his whole milk when my good friend left behind some organic chocolate milk. Ben was very interested in drinking it, and I figured that was a good thing.
There is an older couple staying where we stay, and we have gotten to know them, and love them. We eat a lot of our meals with them and their son. The man used to be a wrestling coach, and is a tough, but kind guy. They asked if Ben had any nicknames, and I admitted that he did not. They liked the fact that he was trying chocolate milk, and proceeded to call him "Chocolate Milk" the rest of the day. Ben seemed pleased with that. I was pleased that he drank a new flavor.
We are so thankful to be here. The fact that we are is a miracle. I have had contact with others who have been on the waiting list for about a year, and have not heard from the clinic. Ben was evaluated here on October 29th. He began the program on March 1st. He was in the door in four months, and will be out by six months. I am so grateful for those who have prayed faithfully for us to be here, and for things to go smoothly for us. I am also amazed that we were able to choose a new insurance company that works so well with this facility, and that approval happened so quickly. Wow!
One other miracle is that we were here when our new friends were. They live in Kentucky, and are an hour from the place we will be moving in one year. She and I hit it off, and I am definately missing her friendship, as they graduated on Saturday. We went on all kinds of adventures here, and had fun exploring and planning our days together. Just like the moms formed a quick bond, Ben found a special friend in her son. They have been inseparable for seven weeks. The clinic even did a co-treat with the boys, for the first time ever in the clinic's history. Ben and his buddy ate together while my friend and I used their individual protocols to feed them. I look forward to being able to see her soon. Her son was evalutaed in mid-August, and I do not believe that it was chance that put us together for these seven weeks. Yes, miracles still happen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is neat that you found such a good friend that you will be able to keep in touch with. Isn't it neat how Heavenly Father can put people in our paths?
Yay! Friends help. So do prayers!
Post a Comment