Saturday, March 20, 2010

Level 3 Super Powers

Ben has moved up to "Level 3." As part of the way to motivate him to eat without prompts and in a specific amount of time, Ben has been given two levels. Level 2 means that he had to be prompted or helped hand-over-hand more than the allotted amount of time, and will be able to play with some less exciting toys in the hall. Level 3, however, earns Ben the praise of all the therapists, the playroom people, and anyone else who will give it up for him. He wears a nifty level 3 badge. He gets full access to the playroom, the DS for 15 minutes if he chooses, a movie, and playtime with his cute little buddy he met here, and loves. Level 3 also has privileges that extend into our evening activities. I love the plan, and can see him working hard. I have no idea how it could work at home, but hopefully he will pick up on speed while we are here, and it will be a habit by the time we get home. The behavioral psych feels like the progress we make now is slow, but is laying a good foundation to build on in the next few weeks. She thinks it is worth it. I have to trust her.

As for the Leprechaun party, we had fun. We counted shamrocks, and found the most. We did some St. Patrick's Day crafts. Ben looked for the leprechaun, found a few of his footprints, but could not find him. Ben totally thought we would be finding the leprechaun, and was disappointed when he did not. I was really hoping to find the pot of gold, and was disappointed when I did not. (The shopping here is fantastic...if I could just find the time and pot o' gold to go!)

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I love reading your comments about the progress that Ben is making. Thanks for sharing. Go Ben!

p.s. I miss you.

Katie said...

Oo, level 3! Sounds exciting. I wish I was there to give it up for Ben!

Glad the leprechaun party was fun. No leprechauns here, either, but I did make yummy irish soda bread!

Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geoff said...

Sounds like a little progress and that is exciting! Thanks for keeping us up to date!