Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Faith

Yesterday, while moaning about the thick, flavorless oatmeal, Ben had an idea. He suggested that we say a prayer. I thought he meant a blessing on the food, but he had another idea. He prayed and asked Heavenly Father to "make his oatmeal good." I had to bite my lip, because I thought that was so cute, and really humorous. At the same time, I wasn't sure how he was going to react to the same oatmeal sitting there when he unfolded his arms, and opened his eyes. When he finally did, and when he took his nibble after, he angrily put the spoon back in the oatmeal and said "man, it didn't work." He looked very disgruntled. Sometimes I am amazed by my kids faith, and I know that I have plenty to learn from their pure hearts. I just hope that my lack of faith was not the limiting factor for Ben.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Maybe even God can't work with unsweetened oatmeal, but that prayer will not go unrewarded. Keep your eyes open, Ben. I know the Lord has something special for you!


(Um, does this clinic really have it out for a little bit of agave? Really, give the kid a break!)