Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Fortunes

Tonight we had Chinese food. It was yummy, and a good break from pasta. I was checking out the fortune cookies, and decided to keep eating them till I got the one I wanted. My first one was "You will be successful in your career." OK, I'll take success in parenting, but I'm feeling secure in that for the moment, so I kept going. "Romance will come your way soon" was next to come my way. Yep, Romance will be boarding a plane and heading my way in a while...patience. Finally, the stopper. "Happier days are definately ahead for you. Struggle has ended." Yes! I couldn't have picked a dreamier fortune.

Speaking of the struggle, things went pretty well today. I find that as Ben tries a few things successfully, I want to push more. I am having to learn patience. I also look at the calendar, and we are down to 5 1/2 weeks, so I want to see him begin to meet some goals. In OT, he ate 1/2 inch pieces of apple today, skin on. He ate a grape, which is not a fave. Again, those are foods that will go well in a lunch box. Hooray! As for those chickpeas, he is still eating one bite per meal. He is giving less resistance, and getting used to them. I was hoping they would increase the number of bites of those chickpeas, but they are still wanting to work on efficiency. Ben will dawdle endlessly in a meal. He uses silliness as a coping mechanism, and goes out of his way to pester his feeding therapist. He loves to look into her eyes to see if he is going to get a rise out of her, but she is like a machine! She should play poker. I am sure hoping that in 5 1/2 weeks, my struggle will have been decreased, and that happier times will come.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hee, hee! You are so fortunate! You can tell Benny I have a whole case of home canned chick peas just for him! No really, Ben. It's no problem!